Scottish Christian Internet Radio
About Radio Alba
RadioAlba.org – our internet radio venture – springs from the Glasgow Archdiocesan Music Committee’s wish to promote liturgical prayer and to give another dimension to religious celebrations. Naturally a lot of the music has come from what we create and use ourselves, and we hope and expect that other people will give us more material.
Our aims broadly speaking are:
- to promote richer prayer lives initially with Morning Prayers and school Morning Prayers, and then later:
- to focus on good news in a culture which sometimes seems to have more negative news than anything else
- to provide opportunities for short reflections on topics of interest and on the psalms and scripture.
- to direct attention to the good works of many charities and organisations which, in fact, reflect the fruits of the Spirit among us.
- to encourage new music and provide some kind of opportunity for it to be heard more widely.
- to offer reflections on the liturgical calendar and notable anniversaries, giving voice to people who might otherwise not be heard
- and finally, to deliver material in a contemporary medium accessible from a variety of devices such as PCs, laptops, phones and tablets.
Morning prayer starts at 8.00 and is is repeated every half hour until 12.00 noon.
Children’s Morning Prayer, from Rosary Primary School is aired at 15 and 45 minutes past the hour agan until 12.00 noon.
Stations of the Cross for Lent is played daily ever hour on the hour from 12.00 noon.
Play Radio Alba
How to listen
You can also listen on your iPad, iPhone or other smart phones with a web browser. Simply enter www.radioalba.org domain into you smartphone or iPads browser.
Thre are a number of applications you can download to play Internet radio from Google store or the Apple Apps store. Simply go to the appropriate store and search for Internet Radio Players.
Do you have some ideas or content for Radio Alba why not let us know. Contact us using the form below.