Scottish Christian Internet Radio
About Radio Alba
RadioAlba.org – our internet radio venture – springs from the Glasgow Archdiocesan Music Committee’s wish to promote liturgical prayer and to give another dimension to religious celebrations. Naturally a lot of the music has come from what we create and use ourselves, and we hope and expect that other people will give us more material.
Our aims broadly speaking are:
- to promote richer prayer lives initially with Morning Prayers and school Morning Prayers, and then later:
- to focus on good news in a culture which sometimes seems to have more negative news than anything else
- to provide opportunities for short reflections on topics of interest and on the psalms and scripture.
- to direct attention to the good works of many charities and organisations which, in fact, reflect the fruits of the Spirit among us.
- to encourage new music and provide some kind of opportunity for it to be heard more widely.
- to offer reflections on the liturgical calendar and notable anniversaries, giving voice to people who might otherwise not be heard
- and finally, to deliver material in a contemporary medium accessible from a variety of devices such as PCs, laptops, phones and tablets.
Play Radio Alba
Morning prayer starts at 8.00 and is is repeated every half hour until 12.00 noon as per normal.
The ‘How blest are those’ – a service for those of our families and friends who have died, is aired at 12.00 and again at 18.00.
Children’s Morning Prayer, from a Scottish Primary School is aired at 15 and 45 minutes past the hour again until 12.00 noon.
How to listen
You can also listen on your iPad, iPhone or other smart phones with a web browser. Simply enter www.radioalba.org domain into you smartphone or iPads browser.
Thre are a number of applications you can download to play Internet radio from Google store or the Apple Apps store. Simply go to the appropriate store and search for Internet Radio Players.
Do you have some ideas or content for Radio Alba why not let us know. Contact us using the form below.