Scottish Christian Internet Radio
Play Radio Alba
Radio Alba is transferring to a new supplier and therefore a new player has been set-up. The player below is the new player click on it to play programmes. If you have Radio Alba on your web site or are considering adding Radio Alba to your site. Please click on the Embed link for the code. Thank you.
The schedule for the week 26th June
You can access this on your computer at radioalba.org christian
Or On stmungomusic.org Or archdioceseofglasgow
or glasgowchurchestogether Or BeingCatholic
Enjoy Morning Prayer from 8.00 and led by Mary Bradley with the St Mungo Singers and cantor Grace Buckley with organist Jane McKenna and harpist Noel Donnelly.
School Morning prayer at 8.15 comes from St Monica’s, Milton and uses the Pope’s letter on justice and Ian Davidson’s song ‘Worries, I’ve got millions on my mind. ’Canon Bob Hill comments on the Sunday reading at 8.27
And that cycle is repeated every 30 minutes till noon.
- 12.00 the Scottish Catholic Observer comments on news items
- 12.15: prayer for the bereaved
- 12.30 – archive music – 6.00 p.m. – repeat of 12.00
- 8.00 Evening Prayer is led by Fr Gerry Fitzpatrick with Noel Donnelly’s setting of Psalm 120 and Stephen Smyth’s version of the Canticle from the Letter to the Ephesians: ‘We bless the God and Father of Jesus’
- 8.20ish Magazine program from the churches: Brendan Gill gives us a positive reflection by Ron Ferguson (Life and Work) on the place of ‘Easter’ in Scotland today. Then Margaret Roberts gives us an account (from Vocation for Justice) of what the Pope said on the island of Lesbos, and David Smith reads his prayer. Then Africa magazine reminds us of the 200 girls kidnapped by Boko Haram 2 years ago.
- 8.50: Night Prayer with Joe Docherty
This Evening Hour is repeated at 9.00 p.m.
About Radio Alba
Radioalba.org christian is sponsored by Glasgow Churches Together and by the music committee of the Archdiocese of Glasgow. We welcome contributions gladly and are particularly keen on promoting material from schools as we continue to develop our service to the community.Shortly we will celebrate two years of providing Morning Prayers, School Morning Prayers, Evening and Night Prayers, prayers for those who mourn, prayers for peace, and a steady flow of news from such as the Scottish Catholic Observer, Life and Work, Sciaf, Open House, Flourish, Mary’s Meals, Vocation Justice, Justice and Peace Scotland, the Comboni Mission magazine, the Focolari, ‘The Light of the North,’ and others . . . .
Morning Prayer for parishes is at 8.00 daily and
Morning Prayer for Schools is at 8.15.
Any time left over until 8.30 is filled with short reflections or music.
The 30 minutes Morning Prayer section is repeated every half hour until noon.
How Blest are Those: At Noon there is a short service for people praying for their dead. This is repeated at 6.00 p.m.
Evening Hour at 8 p.m. Evening Prayer, followed by a short Magazine with news and reviews until 8.50 p.m. when we have a Night Prayer.
This hour long program is repeated from 9 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Radioalba.org. christian can be accessed
If you have a contribution to make then please get in touch through the website.
How to listen
You can also listen on your iPad, iPhone or other smart phones with a web browser. Simply enter www.radioalba.org domain into you smartphone or iPads browser.
Thre are a number of applications you can download to play Internet radio from Google store or the Apple Apps store. Simply go to the appropriate store and search for Internet Radio Players.
Do you have some ideas or content for Radio Alba why not let us know. Contact us using the form below.