Scottish Christian Internet Radio
About Radio Alba
RadioAlba.org – our internet radio venture – springs from the Glasgow Archdiocesan Music Committee’s wish to promote liturgical prayer and to give another dimension to religious celebrations. Naturally a lot of the music has come from what we create and use ourselves, and we hope and expect that other people will give us more material.
Our aims broadly speaking are:
- to promote richer prayer lives initially with Morning Prayers and school Morning Prayers, and then later:
- to focus on good news in a culture which sometimes seems to have more negative news than anything else
- to provide opportunities for short reflections on topics of interest and on the psalms and scripture.
- to direct attention to the good works of many charities and organisations which, in fact, reflect the fruits of the Spirit among us.
- to encourage new music and provide some kind of opportunity for it to be heard more widely.
- to offer reflections on the liturgical calendar and notable anniversaries, giving voice to people who might otherwise not be heard
- and finally, to deliver material in a contemporary medium accessible from a variety of devices such as PCs, laptops, phones and tablets.
How to listen
You can also listen on your iPad, iPhone or other smart phones with a web browser. Simply enter www.radioalba.org domain into you smartphone or iPads browser.
Thre are a number of applications you can download to play Internet radio from Google store or the Apple Apps store. Simply go to the appropriate store and search for Internet Radio Players.
Play Radio Alba
Morning Prayer Schedule
December 1st: Sunday week 1
December 2nd: Monday week 1
December 3rd: Tuesday week 1
December 4th: Wednesday week 1
December 5th: Thursday week 1
December 6th: Friday week 1
December 7th: Saturday week 1
Note: Morning prayer will start at 8.00 am each morning and be repeated every 30 mins until 11.00 am. A schools morning prayer will be aired around at 9.15am.
Do you have some ideas or content for Radio Alba why not let us know. Contact us using the form below.